The Annual ACE Conference
SAVE THE DATE - 34th Annual Conference - August 18-20, 2021 - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thank You for Attending & Supporting the 2020 ACE Conference
The American Coalition for Ethanol's Annual Conference 33rd annual conference was held in conjunction with the 2020 International Fuel Ethanol Workshop (FEW) & Expo as a virtual event, on September 16, 2020.
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and the economic hardship it’s brought to bear on the ethanol industry, ACE leadership held a virtual event, paired with the FEW, to provide members with a safe, robust opportunity to catch up on the latest industry news, network with peers, and discover new technology. The conference theme of “Rising Up” embodies the resilience demonstrated by those in the ethanol industry in response to the pandemic and the grit these individuals possess to rise together - stronger than before.
For more than three decades, the ACE conference has focused on the people of the ethanol industry and their priorities — a meeting where ethanol producers rub shoulders with retailers, policymakers, researchers, and other industry members. This year’s abbreviated event consisted of an afternoon of general sessions, including updates from ACE leadership, and insight on topics related to restoring and building ethanol demand.
Check out the recap below!
EVENT COVERAGEACE 2020 CONFERENCE NEWS HUB
RECORDED VIDEOS & CONFERENCE SESSIONS
*Note: All videos are recordings of content either streamed live on September 16, 2020 or pre-recorded in the weeks prior to the event.
2020 Awards Video
Stephen Censky Recorded Remarks (Early September 2020)
Retailer Panel + Market Development Update
Took Place on September 16, 2020
Rise Up: Welcome from ACE's President & CEO
- Duane Kristensen, ACE Board President, Chief Ethanol Fuels
- Brian Jennings, ACE CEO - CLICK HERE for Jennings'' remarks updated 9/14
Keynote: USDA Deputy Secretary Stephen Censky
Go Your Own Road: A Conversation with Higher Blend Pioneers
Welcome remarks from ACE's Senior Vice President & Director of Market Development, Ron Lamberty
ACE keeps up with strategies for selling more ethanol by keeping in touch with fuel retailers already getting it done. Join this conversation where representatives of leading E15 and flex fuel retailers Pump & Pantry and Casey’s General Stores tell us what has worked and what hasn’t, how the ethanol industry can help, and when we should get out of their way.
- Moderator: Ron Lamberty, ACE Senior Vice President & Market Development Director
- Nathaniel Doddridge, Vice President of Fuels, Casey's General Stores
- Randy Gard, COO, Pump & Pantry/Bosselman
Fuel Marketing in the Time of Corona: A Look at Drastic and Not-So-Drastic Changes to Downstream Markets in the Next 15 Months
Tom Kloza, Global Head of Energy Analysis, Oil Price Information Service, an IHS Markit Company
- A Look at Crude Oil Supply & Pricing in 2020 & 2021.
- Refinery Closures; Which Operations are Threatened and Why?
- North Atlantic Balances
- What a Biden presidency might mean to petroleum markets. (Hint: Carbon Impacts)
- 2020 Records Likely to be Broken
Producer Perspectives: A Panel Discussion
Three ethanol producers discuss what it is like to lead their companies through uncertain times and share their thoughts about the future of the industry. Commentary on Election + RFS
- Duane Kristensen, General Manager and Vice President of Operations, Chief Ethanol Fuels, Inc. – Moderator and Panelist
- Dave Sovereign, Chairman, Golden Grain Energy, LLC - Panelist
- Neil Koehler, Co-Founder, Director, and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Pacific Ethanol, Inc. – Panelist